VR Series Maintenance
- Periodically ensure all bolts are tight.
- Add 1 purification tablet every 6 months. To request extra purification tablets, visit www.puredesignfitness.com.
- Keep rail and seat wheels clean by using a damp cloth. Avoid using any chemicals.
- If, during the recoil phase, the handle does not return towards the front of the machine smoothly, you can add more tension tying an additional knot further up on the recoil rope (the thinner of the two cords along the bottom of the VR’s). To do this: stand the rower up, disconnect the cords, tie the knot on the recoil rope (closest to the side that attaches to the pulley), and reattach the cords.
- The monitor runs on two AA batteries. To replace monitor batteries, remove monitor face by unscrewing the two screws on the top and bottom of the computer.
- Do not let go of handle while rowing as it could damage monitor screen.
Download the VR1- Safety and Maintenance Guide
Download the VR2- Safety and Maintenance Guide
The VR series does not require heavy maintenance. We suggest you take care of it as you would with any other piece of furniture in your home. Regularly clean the VR with a soft cloth dampened with water or eco-friendly cleaner
We advise using municipal tap water to fill the tank, as it contains additives that keep it free of bacteria and algae.
If you have well water or mineral rich water, we suggest using distilled water and putting in one purification tablet every 3 to 6 months. If the tank is in direct sunlight, then add one tablet every 3 months.
If the water in the tank discolors, add one purification tablet. If the water does not clear, we recommend emptying the tank, flushing it out with clean water, refilling, and adding in the tablet.
• Never use other types of chlorine or bleach in the tank as it can damage the polycarbonate beyond repair and may cause rusting.
• Replacement tablets are available by filing out a request form
Serial Number Locations